Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Dad called today. Mom is not doing well

Dad called at 11:00 to let me know that he needs me to help him with mom. She has taken a turn for the worse. He said that 2 nurses are there with her now but he is going to need my help this evening. I am taking this all in stride. We knew it was coming. I need to stay strong. Me? Strong? Who 'bout them Cubs? We are going to make it through this. It is a process of life. This will be my first close encounter, and it is the worst kind. This helps out my diet because I am not hungry. I have to get stuff together to take with me. I don't know how long I will be there. I am going to take my silkworms with me. They are in a 6 drawer plastic organizer on wheels and they don't take up much space and they don't stink. I hope Donnie and Jake can batch it at home. I don't know about the yard sale on Saturday. We really need to go through with it if we can. It is the only Saturday Sherry will have off in a long time.

Here I am talking about me, not Mom. But until I see her for myself, I won't know how to handle things. I have never been a caregiver except when I was in 7th grade and Lynette Sauer and I were Candy Stripers. That was over 35 years ago.

The price of gas here in the quad cities is $2.99 across the board. I haven't found it cheaper anywhere. Illinois is over $3.09 so I will fill up before I go. This is going to be quite an adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home