Monday, June 27, 2005

Audrey's story continues

The past 3 months have really flown by. I try to go see Mom and Dad at least once a week. Today is Monday June 27th. We have been having a heat wave. The temperature has been in the 90's for 6 days straight. Donnie and I have been staying inside most the time. We decided to go to Mom and Dad's today. Dad has a new rule that we are not to bring anything down to them to simplify things in their life. Today I just brought mom a single peace rose. We got there a little after 1. I called my daughter Sherry and she came over soon after. We all sat around and Dad told us stories about his cousin in Kentucky who called to tell about the Perry Reunion they had a week ago. Dad's brother-in-law, Vernie Finch went to the reunion with his 2 granddaughter's (Brad Finch's daughters). Aunt Mary (Perry) Finch died on my birthday, January 10th in 2004.
After a while Sherry asked if she and I could go out for a ride in Dad's Convertible. I had some packages to Mail for Ebay so I threw them in the convertible and we drove up down, in the convertible, in the heat. We came back and Mom, Dad, and Don were watching Oprah. It was the episode where she got her ears pierced. While we were watching the show, Mom's classmate Ramona Stickell delivered a Jello soaked cake, fresh raspberries and Cool Whip. She called from her cellphone. She was in the driveway. She has trouble getting in and out of her car so Dad went out and got it. Ramona has been very good to Mom and Dad during all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home