Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Audrey has back pain early this morning

Today is Tuesday, September 6th. It is the day after Labor Day. I called to catch Dad before he went to his lawyer but he had already left. Mom answered. I asked how she was doing and she said not too good. She called her nurses at 3 a.m. this morning because her back was really hurting. The nurse suggested Tylenol. That didn't help any so Dad called up and asked for Morphine. Mom had taken it at 2 p.m. When I called at 2:30 she said it wasn't really kicking in. While I was waiting for Dad to call about the house. Aunt Kate called. She said she had seen Mom earlier today. She said she did not look well and wanted to let me know.
Because mom is on hospice, she would have to pay to go to the hospital as well as have any tests to see if it is something else.
Dad called at 4 and said that he had been to the lawyer and that he was fixing up papers for the house. He also found out that my property taxes were due today so Dad went to the courthouse to pay them. Dad didn't seemed too concerned about mom. Hopefully this is something that will be fleeting. She has been doing so well. If this is her time, I hope it comes quickly so she is not in pain for long. It's going to be a strange, stressful month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home