Saturday, August 06, 2005

Audrey's trip to SuperTarget with Jake

On Wednesday, July 20th, Mom decided she wanted to come up to the Quad Cities and see where Jake works at and also view the new skybridge that goes over River Drive in Downtown Davenport. Dad drove her and Aunt Kate to our house and then they took Jake with them and I drove my own van and we met at SuperTarget.

Mom looked very nice with a scarf around her neck and her nice wig. She also didn't have her oxygen on.

When arriving at SuperTaget, Mom promptly found an electric cart and made herself familiar with it. Dad went and sat at the snack bar while Jake, Kate, Mom and I went through the store. Mom was looking for something to serve for her card club. Jake led her to the food aisle and told her where things were located. I was able to take some neat pictures. Mom got what she wanted and Jake led her to the check out lane. We all met up with Dad in the snack bar. After purchasing some small drinks, they left to go look at the sky bridge and I went to Lowe's to look for a toilet handle. Of all things, ours broke off this morning. While at Lowe's, they were having problems with the register and the lady 2 people in front of me had to have all of her purchases rescanned. She had at least 10 items already sacked. It seemed to take forever.

I was going to go grocery shopping also but decided to go home first to be able to say goodbye to mom and dad when they dropped Jake off. As I came to the corner of Holmes and 10th, I saw their van headed to the interstate. I thought they would stop for gas before getting on the interstate so I followed them. But Dad did not stop for gas so I didn't get to see them. Then to top it off, I got the wrong handle. It was an interesting day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home