Saturday, August 06, 2005

Roger Perry Performs at Perkins July 26th


Donnie and I kinda invited ourselves to meet Mom and Dad and several of Mom's bunco buddies at Perkin's on Tuesday, July 26th. My cousin, Roger Perry, performs magic there every Tuesday. He goes from table to table doing different tricks. Hopefully, the patrons like him and ask to book him for a birthday party or other function. Tuesday night is kid's night at Perkins.

It was a busy day on Tuesday. Donnie had helped his daughter, Tammy, move in to her new apartment at what used to be Diamond Blue just off of Eastern. I thought it would be nice to bring Tammy's Daughter, Shannon along with us to Perkins. Mom and Dad said it would be alright. We picked Shannon up about 3:30 and drove to Perkins. It was pouring down rain once we got on the interstate. The rain was a welcomed sight since we have not had very many rain storms this summer. It wasn't much fun to drive in though.

We arrived at Perkins a little before 5. I proudly said we had a reservation for the Bunco Club and I was met with blank stares. I was told there were no reservations under that name and only one reservation had been made for the entire evening. I waited for Mom and Dad to show up. Right in front of them coming through the door was Linda Wolfe and her daughter, Julie, who was Sherry's childhood friend. It was a confusing moment seeing them, seeing Mom and Dad and figuring out why there was no reservation. I pointed Julie out to Dad and he said, "Is that the girl that was always late?" I said yes. Dad went over and said something to her, I didn't here what was said. Anyway, we did get seats that were together and Sherry joined us soon afterwards. I told her that Julie was there and so she went looking around the corner for her. Sherry came back and said Julie wasn't there. So apparently, Dad must have scared them off.

Anyway, we all placed our orders and Cousin Roger came over to our table and showed some magic to Shannon. He also showed some card tricks to sherry and me. I had eggs benedict. It was different. Our waitress was Jennie Stoneking. She was a classmate of Sherry's. She is also the daughter of Ed Stoneking whom I dated in high school.

After them meal, everyone mulled around and talked to others. We ordered desert. It worked out fine though because we ate while they chatted. There was Aunt Barb and Uncle Buster Perry, Carol Klapp and her husband, Eileen, Verda Conley from Arizona, Lorraine Browless, Aunt Kate, Irene and Alan Allen, Mom, Dad, Donnie, Shannon Sherry and me.

We went to Mom and Dad's afterward. Mom gave shannon some markers and some paper. Shannon made Mom a nice card that said, "I love you granma" even though she had just met them that night. It made Mom happy. She gave her some other things to take home also. That made Shannon happy. Verda was still at Mom and Dad's She is staying with her Daughter Ida until labor day. Donnie and I offered to take her home. That way Dad didn't have to get the van out again. We took her and then went home. Shannon and Donnie watch 101 dalmations. Shannon fell asleep on the couch at 10:30 and didn't wake up until 10:30 the next morning. That was nice. We all had a good time Tuesday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home